Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
GDG - Global Game Jam
Friday, January 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM - Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM (EST)
Miami, United States
- Get a Registration Ticket.
- WebSite: GDG-GameJam.eventbrite.com
- WebSite: GlobalGameJam.org
Tentative Keynote Speaker List:
Mark Bradshaw - TriLight Studios
Miguel Oubina Alvarez - Nuclei3D
Do I need special skills to participate in the GGJ?
A: Although having computer skills is helpful, code experience is not necessary. Designers, developers, artists and anyone is welcome to try their hand at making a game during the GGJ.
Is the GGJ only for professionals?
A: Everyone is welcome.
- Bring Your Own: Make sure to pack up food for the event, you will be there from Saturday to Sunday afterall. We also have vending machines in the building and food places within walking distance who have agreed to give a discount to the event participants, many of them also open 24 hours.
- Meal Ticket: If you dont want to have to bring food or search the area for nutirnets, we will also be selling a meal ticket on-site for $20. This ticket will cover 3 meals and we will be the ones to go fetch it for you.
- Check the official Global Game Jam WebSite: http://globalgamejam.org/wiki/basic-questions
We will provide a space for the presentations and tech talks along with separate working spaces for small teams.
We have Computers and internet on site available with the following software. But we strongly encourage you to bring your own rig as the number of computes is limited (Amount soon to follow).
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 with XNA 4.0
- GameMaker (On Demand)
Teams are free to use the space at the host venue. Rooms will be set aside for storage of personal items (but host site is not responsible for theft or damage).
We are currently working on the venue, so keep checking for the latest update. Follow us on Twitter @GameDevGuild
Supported by COIL